The control of Pollution Act and the Environmental Protection Act, imposes a duty of care on everyone to prevent pollution. In order to fulfil our obligations, it is the Policy of the Company that all work activities will be assessed with regard to the level of risk to the Environment. WR Refrigeration provides cooling solutions for leading food retail, wholesale, distribution and industry through a network of branches throughout the UK who provide high quality refrigeration and air conditioning solutions including Planning and Design, project delivery, product assembly, Planned Maintenance and Reactive Service. WR Refrigeration is committed to minimising the environmental impact of our operations through the adoption of sustainable work practices in environmental performance.
WR Refrigeration recognises that in our day-to-day activities we impact upon the environment in a number of ways, including the use of refrigerants, the production of waste and emission to air from transport. By impacting on the environment the management and staff recognise the obligation to protect the local and wider environment in which the company operates.
This obligation is reflective in the following commitments:-
- A commitment to comply with all relevant and applicable legal requirements and other requirements to which the company subscribes.
- To provide training to WR Refrigeration employees to help them fulfil their responsibilities and to ensure that personnel are qualified for the tasks required of them, with particular attention to Environmentally critical activities in order to prevent pollution of the environment.
- To encourage and support energy efficiency and waste reduction initiatives throughout our operations.
- To encourage contractors and suppliers that are under our control to adopt the same policies and implement the same principles for protecting the environment.
- To promote the recovery, recycling and re-use of products and packaging where possible.
- To the prevention of pollution and continual improvement
- The Company will seek to promote the conservation and sustainable use of natural resources and to minimize environmental pollution in its own activities and, where possible, by influence over others to meet this commitment.
- The objective will be to minimize the Environmental impact of all our operations. A hierarchy of control will be adopted based upon elimination/substitution of polluting substances with “greener” alternatives. All waste disposals shall be carried out in the correct manner by registered carriers to the correct disposal sites. WR Refrigeration will review its environmental performance 6 monthly in management reviews. This forum will be used to set and review its specific environmental objectives
environmental | health & safety | quality assurance